Saturday, January 14, 2012

There is presently legislation to legalize gambling in Texas. How do I vote for it?

Now before I get any responses verbally lashing me for supporting an "inherently evil" behavior from the "social conservatives", let it be known that I am Baptist. I always have been and always will be. However, if there was ever a time for this to come to Texas, it is now. My vote is for the jobs it will create. Therefore, if you have something negative to say you need not post.There is presently legislation to legalize gambling in Texas. How do I vote for it?
HB 1724 is pending in the Texas House of Representatives.



Your representative may vote for it or not. Contact your representative.There is presently legislation to legalize gambling in Texas. How do I vote for it?
I'm always amused by those who ask questions, then specify what answers they wish to receive.



In any event, if the legislature passes the necessary bills, you will not be asked to vote directly. The US (and Texas) uses a representative democracy, you don't vote directly for many things, you simply elect representatives.



Call your local rep or senator and tell him you approve, it might help him decide which way to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment