Saturday, January 14, 2012

Is there any legislation in the UK which criminalises hacking into websites such as facebook, myspace, hotmail?

I recently had someone get into my email and from this also my social networking sites. Although I have nothing to hide, I believe that it was done with the intention of finding information for blackmail. Obviously, I鈥檓 not very happy about this and was wondering if there was any legal action which can be taken to find and prosecute the perpetrator.



Would the police even be interested cases such as this?





ThanksIs there any legislation in the UK which criminalises hacking into websites such as facebook, myspace, hotmail?
Such an act may constitute an offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1991section 1 ( http://www.cantaffordalawyer.com ) ... Whether or not the police would be interested is another question!Is there any legislation in the UK which criminalises hacking into websites such as facebook, myspace, hotmail?
Computer misuse act is best bet, but I agree, not likely to be investigated.



Inform facebook, hotmail etc and reassess passwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment