Thursday, January 19, 2012

Can I waive my rights under the recently passed legislation relating to credit cards?

I do not need the recently enacted consumer protections. Credit card companies say that they need to raise interest rates now or impose annual fees because of the new protections. Can I opt-out of the changes mandated by Congress so that the credit card companies do not have to charge me for the cost of complying with the law that other customers need, but I do not?Can I waive my rights under the recently passed legislation relating to credit cards?
Simple answer NO! You can however close the accounts.



This is just another prime example of Congress trying to impress the public, they are going to protect our interests but in reality, we wind up paying for their help through higher APR's and fixed rates being changed to variable.



You can never win against the banking industry.Can I waive my rights under the recently passed legislation relating to credit cards?
You can't opt out of the changes from Congress. After think about what would happen if people could pick and choose what laws they want to apply to them.



Now, you can opt-out of any change in terms of your credit card. However, in order to do that your account will be closed. If you have a balance, you would be required to pay the remaining balance per the terms at the time you closed it.Can I waive my rights under the recently passed legislation relating to credit cards?
suck up the fees or move on. as a top contributor you should know that
No you cannot opt out of the changes mandated by Congress. There would be no point passing a law if consumers were allowed to opt out. You may think that you have superior money management skills regarding your credit history, but that's irrelevant. You will need to accept the mandated changes or pay off your cards and stop using credit.
  • suzuki samurai
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment